Australia’s new consumer law regime, implemented under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, introduced a comprehensive new framework of statutory consumer guarantees, which came into operation on 1 January 2011. This update provides an overview of the new consumer guarantees regime, discusses the impact of the Australian Consumer Law Regulations on businesses, and outlines the implications for non-compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act. [read more]
- Regulation of Cosmetics in Australia
- AI created Inventions or Works – Are they protected by Australian IP laws?
- Distribution and IP Licence Agreements: Are they subject to the Australian Franchising Code of Conduct? – Stephens Lawyers & Consultants Legal Update: April 2022
- ACCC: Compliance and Enforcement Priorities for 2022/23 – Legal Update
- Damages for Online Defamation – Recent Cases [July 2019 to Feb 2022] – Updated March 2022