Australia’s new consumer law regime, implemented under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, introduced a comprehensive new framework of statutory consumer guarantees, which came into operation on 1 January 2011. This update provides an overview of the new consumer guarantees regime, discusses the impact of the Australian Consumer Law Regulations on businesses, and outlines the implications for non-compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act. [read more]
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?
- Strategies for Protecting and Maximizing Value of Intellectual Property in the Digital Market
- OAIC Releases Latest Report on Notifiable Data Breaches – Privacy Risk Management Update