Intellectual property protection is critical for the successful development and commercialisation of biotech and pharmaceutical innovations. The life cycle for drug development, testing, clinical trials, marketing approval and commercialisation is lengthy and involves enormous investment. The intellectual property resulting from R&D requires ongoing protection to maximise returns.
Stephens Lawyers & Consultants works with emerging and established biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research institutes to:
- Develop and implement strategies to protect their technology through patent, confidential information/trade secret and contractual protection
- Minimise the risk of infringement of third party patents
- Commercialise their innovation in Australian and international markets through:
- Partnering/joint ventures
- Private equity funding
- Public listing
- Licensing/technology transfer.
Stephens also assists with the negotiation and preparation of:
- Collaborative research agreements
- Licence agreements
- Confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- Joint ventures
- Technology transfer agreements
- Marketing and distribution agreements
Our extensive litigation practice enables us to represent companies in patent and intellectual property infringement claims and disputes involving the unauthorised use of confidential information/trade secrets and ownership of intellectual property.
Stephens Lawyers & Consultants also assists companies involved in the supply of “therapeutic goods” including medicines, medical devices, complementary medicines and nutritional supplements, with compliance with the Therapeutic Goods Act and the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code and to respond to concerns and infringement notices issued by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and court proceedings commenced for breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act and advertising code.
“Our experience with Stephens Lawyers has been professionally and commercially very rewarding in the highly competitive and aggressive area of pharmaceutical intellectual property. Stephens have performed brilliantly on a local as well as international basis.”
David M. Gray, Director, InterPharma
Representative of EBEWE Pharma