The sports industry plays a significant role in Australia’s economy encompassing grass root and professional sports clubs and events, media coverage of sporting events, sponsorship and marketing activities and the supply of sports technology, products and services.
“The protection and commercialisation of intellectual property including event rights and player’s image rights is critical to maintaining reputation, brand value and continuing revenue from broadcast and sponsorship agreements.”
Stephens Lawyers & Consultant advises on all aspects of intellectual property protection, commercialisation and management of brands, event and image rights.
Stephens Lawyers services in the sports law area include:
- Establishment of sporting clubs and organisations including preparation of constitutions and rules.
- Preparation and review of employment agreements and sports’ agent agreements.
- Protection and management of intellection property including trade marks, brand names and image rights.
- Preparation and review of sponsorship and marketing agreements.
- Advice in relation to compliance with the Australian Consumer Law including advertising and marketing regulations and codes
- Advice and review of decisions made by sporting bodies
- Governance and compliance with relevant laws
- Advice in relation to defamation and reputational damage claims
- Dispute resolution and litigation