The Minister for Small Business DR Craig Emerson has announced the creation of an expert panel on franchising and unconscious conduct, as part of the ongoing inquiry into reforming these areas of trade practices law. The proposed reforms aim at providing increased protections for small business from anti-competitive conduct by more powerful and unscrupulous business. The current Franchising Code of Conduct is a mandatory industry code, prescribed under the Trade Practices Act and is administrated by the ACCC [read more].
- Advertising of Therapeutic Goods in Australia – Are your advertising campaigns compliant?
- Regulation of Cosmetics in Australia
- AI created Inventions or Works – Are they protected by Australian IP laws?
- Distribution and IP Licence Agreements: Are they subject to the Australian Franchising Code of Conduct? – Stephens Lawyers & Consultants Legal Update: April 2022
- ACCC: Compliance and Enforcement Priorities for 2022/23 – Legal Update