The recent Federal Court decision in relation to the Metcash and Franklins proposed acquisition, highlights the commercial challenges that companies or businesses will face, if the competition regulator, the ACCC, refuses the merger/acquisition clearance and takes legal action to restrain the acquisition. This update provides a summary of the Federal Court decision, ACCC v Metcash, and highlights some of the factors that the court will consider in reviewing the ACCC’s approach to merger/acquisition clearances. [read more].
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?
- Strategies for Protecting and Maximizing Value of Intellectual Property in the Digital Market
- OAIC Releases Latest Report on Notifiable Data Breaches – Privacy Risk Management Update