The innovation patent system became part of the Australian patent framework in 2001 and was aimed at stimulating small and medium business innovation by providing a quick, efficient and cost effective means of obtaining protection for new or improved products, methods or processes. This legal update examines the Dura-Post Pty Ltd v Delnorth Pty Ltd  FCAFC 81 decision which defined the threshold test that must be established for a valid innovation patent and confirmed that the ‘innovation step’ requirement is a less onerous test than the requisite ‘inventive step’ for standard patents [read more].
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?
- Strategies for Protecting and Maximizing Value of Intellectual Property in the Digital Market
- OAIC Releases Latest Report on Notifiable Data Breaches – Privacy Risk Management Update