Recent high profile cases initiated by the ACCC have demonstrated the importance and value of businesses maintaining an effective trade practices compliance program. The promotion of a culture of compliance within the business is also essential for reducing the damage of a potential trade practices breach. In this update Stephens Lawyers & Consultants provides an overview of recent trade practices decisions and provides summaries on amendments to the following areas: misuse of market power and predatory pricing provisions; closer cooperation between Australian and NZ regulatory bodies; and amendments to the Franchising Code of Conduct [read more].
- OAIC’s Latest Report on Notifiable Data Breaches: Privacy Risk Management Update
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?
- Strategies for Protecting and Maximizing Value of Intellectual Property in the Digital Market