Business need to be aware of recent developments in trade practices law as failure to implement adequate compliance programs exposes companies, directors, employees and others involved in the contravention to significant penalties of up to $10 million for a company and $500,000 for individuals. In this update Stephens Lawyers & Consultants provides an overview of recent trade practices decisions and provides summaries on amendments to the following areas: third line forcing; joint ventures; collective bargaining arrangement for small businesses; and new procedure for company mergers clearances and authorisations [read more].
- OAIC’s Latest Report on Notifiable Data Breaches: Privacy Risk Management Update
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?
- Strategies for Protecting and Maximizing Value of Intellectual Property in the Digital Market