Recent awards of damages by courts for online defamation continue to serve as a warning to reviewers, bloggers, influencers and business competitors that care should be taken to ensure that the content posted online is factually correct and not defamatory. A Gold Coast cosmetic surgeon was recently awarded $420,000 in damages for false reviews made by a business competitor.Read more
- OAIC’s Latest Report on Notifiable Data Breaches: Privacy Risk Management Update
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?
- Strategies for Protecting and Maximizing Value of Intellectual Property in the Digital Market