Malicious or criminal attacks and human error continue to be the major causes of notifiable data breaches reported to the OAIC during the 6 month period to 30 June 2023 according to the OAIC Notifiable Data Breaches Report – January-June 2023. This Update provides a summary of some key findings and statistics contained in the OAIC’s Report as well as steps which organisations and businesses can take to minimise the risk and harm of privacy data breaches.Read more
- The Risk of Data Retention – Why Your Organisation Needs a Data Retention and Destruction Policy
- Australian Consumer Guarantees and Warranties: Is Your Business Compliant? – Update January 2024
- ASIC releases Corporate Plan 2023-27 with Key Strategic Priorities and Projects – What does this mean for businesses?
- Damages for Online Defamation – the “Serious Harm” Element
- Advertising of Health Services – New Advertising Guidelines – Is your advertising compliant?