Standard form contracts are being subjected to increased scrutiny for unfair contract terms by regulators. On-line terms and conditions are of particular concern because consumers are often given no choice but to accept onerous or unfair terms if they wish to proceed with the purchase of goods or services. In this update, Stephens Lawyers & Consultants discuss some recent ACCC enforcement proceedings in respect of unfair contract terms and offer some strategies for minimising the risk of terms being declared unfair and unenforceable.Read more
- Regulation of Cosmetics in Australia
- AI created Inventions or Works – Are they protected by Australian IP laws?
- Distribution and IP Licence Agreements: Are they subject to the Australian Franchising Code of Conduct? – Stephens Lawyers & Consultants Legal Update: April 2022
- ACCC: Compliance and Enforcement Priorities for 2022/23 – Legal Update
- Damages for Online Defamation – Recent Cases [July 2019 to Feb 2022] – Updated March 2022